Lots of important dates coming up!!!!!
- Feb. 4: White T-shirts due
- Feb 5: Famous Historical American Packet coming home
- Feb 7: $1.00 due for healthy snack (note in Ship folder)
- Feb 13: Valentine Treat Day(note in Tuesday folders this week) and Holiday Dress Pass
- Feb 13/14: Student Led Conferences (sign-up on sign-up genius)
- Feb 14-19: Winter Break
- Feb 24: Famous American Reports and Posters Due
- Feb 28: AR cut off and 4th in February Program at 1:00
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I can’t believe we are halfway through the school year. Please note that now we are entering the third nine weeks and will be stepping back more to ensure your child is prepared for third grade. I am fully confident in them all and have no doubt they will be ready! 🙂
Report Cards will go home Friday, January 10th
The U.S. Civil War Test is scheduled for Thursday, January 23rd
Safety Town Field Trip for my class is scheduled for Monday, January 27th. (Permission slips will go home soon)
- We have a new math fact fluency website. I would like for the children to login to xtramath.org at least three times a week and work on their math fact fluency. This website is educational and fun. I will be able to monitor their progress. I sent home a paper with their username and password on it. If you have any problems please let me know.
- *AR is up and running. The children are able to take AR tests from 8:00-8:30. I have been allowing them until 8:45, until we get the hang of things. They also go to the library during this time and complete morning work. Only 5 children can go to the library at a time, so it is a little time consuming at first. The children are slowly but surely learning how to check out books and take AR tests in the morning. This multiple step process is a little difficult for some of the children. I am working with them to make sure they have an opportunity to take at least one test each day. They may not be able to go to the library each day but they can read books from home and our classroom library. Thank you for your patience and understanding while the children learn to procedures for our morning routine in second grade. 🙂
Welcome to Second Grade! I hope you had an enjoyable summer with your family. I am looking forward to getting to know you and your child. I am entering my eighth year of teaching in Caddo Parish. This will be my first year here at Eden Gardens. I am truly in love with this school, as I once was a student here myself. It is so very special to be back here teaching your child. I am looking forward to having a fun year filled with learning and growing.
This school year will be an exhilarating and challenging year for your child. I look forward to the positive, supportive relationships that we will build in order to ensure optimal success for your child. If you need to reach me during the day please call the school office (861-7654) and leave me a message. I will return your call as soon as possible. You can email me as well at email@example.com or text/leave me a message on my cell phone (453-3801). Please understand that from 5:00 on is family time and I will not always answer my cell or respond to emails. I look forward to watching your child grow and soar as an “Eagle.” I know this is going to be an amazing year!